Prices do not include delivery.
Hemp bedding is specially designed for horses, cows and poultry, chicks and rodent.
• Includes eucalyptus extract. Also ideal for horses with respiratory problems such as asthma. Eucalyptus clears the airways.
• Absorbency 400 – 500% of its own weight
• Rapid degradation, soil in about 6-8 weeks
• Nearly dust free, No bacteria
• Fire Safer than other bedding, non-flammable !
• Improved thermal properties, warm & comfortable
• Easy to use, a bedding suitable for use in most spreading equipment
• Best solution for the hooves
How to use Hemp bedding:
* empty the stable box, scatter 4 bales of Hempbed in a box of 9 m2 (an average of 1 bale per 2 m2)
* remove the dung daily and rake the ground surface flat from outside to the inside. Do not overturn! The idea is to create bedding.
* remove the dung daily and the wet spots weekly and add 1 bale of Hempbed litter. It is sensible to add the new bale to where you have taken out the wet spot.
* continue raking the upper layer from the outside inward regularly.
* after about 10 to 12 weeks; empty the stable box and start all over again.
* Hempbed bales should be kept inside, so that it is protected against rain and sunlight.
How can you cut down the amount of labor?
1. by only clearing out completely 4x a year
2. no more dung heap, but a compost heap which will have the size of only 1/5 of your old dung heap (with regards to straw litter)
3. time savings with regards to the stable box maintenance compared to straw, ½ to 1 hour per stable box per week
Frequently Asked Questions
Can hemp litter cause colic? In principle all floor coverings can cause intestinal disorders when (too) much is eaten from it. A good stable and feed management is very important, make sure that there is always sufficient feed available and that you give your horse plenty of exercise … avoid boredom in the stable!
How can I process it best? In use Hempbed is similar to flax, rapeseed litter or wood shavings. This means you will have to remove the dung balls daily and the wet spots weekly. If necessary add Hempbed. Preferably use a fine-toothed fork, this way you prevent the disposing of good material.
Hemb bedding is available in following packaging:
• Bale weight: +/-15 kg
• 1 pallet weight = 30 bales (+/- 450 kg)
• Semi-trailer can mount 33 pallets, 990 bales in total 14,875 tons
We are always looking for distribution partners in Finland, Sweden, Norway, Germany and Netherlands. We sincerely hope that selling BioHansa™ straw pellets will be one of the most enjoyable and profitable parts of your business. To expedite the process, please fill in contact form or send us an email.
DELIVERY: INCOTERMS 2010 – EXW (Ex works), DAP (Delivered at place). MOQ (Minimum order quantity) is 1 ton.